Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
Examination Preparation Workshop
Purchase CSP Workshop - $950
Workshops include a 500 page professionally published Workbook, BCSP approved scientific calculator, pencils, notepad, highlighter, and SPANs exclusive EXAM PREP Software CD. The SPAN Exam Prep Software CD includes over 800 targeted questions with multiple enhanced learning, exam simulation, and performance tracking capabilities is provided as part of the workshop ($275 value!).
3 Days / 2.2 CEUs / 3.67 Safety CM Points, Approval # 10-210/ 25.5 CMPs / 2.2 COCs
The CSP Exam is the second-level examination required in the two test process. This five and one-half hour computer delivered examination consists of 200 questions that examine the candidate's applied knowledge and the application of experience gained through professional practice. Both the ASP and the CSP are administered by the BCSP.
The criteria for designation as a Certified Safety Professional is extremely high. Applicants must have a college degree and four years of professional safety experience. However, the failure rate on the ASP (Safety Fundamentals) Exam has historically been about 50%!
We believe the reason for the high failure rate is because examinees have failed to understand the scope and complexity of the test and have relied on incomplete and misleading study material, plus they generally use a shotgun approach in preparing for the exam. Our workbooks/CDs and workshops offer a focused approach instead of the shotgun approach.
This course is designed to prepare individuals for the Comprehensive Examination leading to certification as a CSP. The workshop covers the four areas of the exam: engineering, management, information management and communications and professional conduct and ethics. Your preparation will include lectures, sample problems, and discussions on a variety of subjects to prepare the student for the exam. At the completion of the CSP prep workshop participants will learn to:
- Concepts of probability, statistics and calculus
- Engineering: safety and environmental, occupational health, fire protection
- Applied management: principles, ergonomic analysis, risk management, Workers' Compensation
- Legal/regulatory and professional affairs
- Engineering economy
- SH&E engineering
- SH&E management
- SH&E information management
- Professional conduct and ethics
ASP/CSP Application Guide and Forms
- CSP Application Guide
- CSP Application Checklist
- CSP Application Form
- CSP Experience Form
- CSP Reference Form
Safety Fundamentals Guide & Blueprint
Comprehensive Practice Guide & Blueprint
- Self-Assessment Brochure and Examinations Order Form
- Blueprint References (Safety Fundamentals)
- Blueprint References (Comprehensive)
- Computer-delivered Examinations through Pearson VUE
- Understanding and Interpreting your Safety Fundamentals Examination Score
- Understanding and Interpreting your Comprehensive Practice Examination Score
- BCSP Manual for Writing Examination Items
- Certificate Replacement Order Form
- CSP Reference Manual
- BCSP Professional Advancement Mentor Form
- Retired Election Form - CSP, OHST and CHST
- Criminal Conviction Policy
- Literature/Tabletop Order Form
- BCSP Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
- BCSP Bylaws
- Implementing the CSP Minimum Educational Requirement for Associate Degrees in Safety and Health
- Department of Veterans Affairs Pays the Costs of a License or Certification Test
- W-9 Tax Id Form
- Faculty Assistance Brochure
- Faculty Assistance Application Form
BCSP has established agreements which provide some credit in the CSP application process because candidates have passed similar examinations to those required for the CSP. There is a streamlined application process for the CMIOSH and CRSP.